Monday, June 1, 2009

MY Miami trip (by Chelsea)

Well, mom hasn't updated in a while so I thought I would let everyone know about me and William's trip to Miami...It was AWESOME!!
There are links you can click on to see where it is we went. It will pull up Jessica's reviews on the places.



Monday

The view on the plane once were above the clouds.





Smile!






After we got to Miami, we went to a get lunch at a really nice place. Gordon Biersch Brewery

Mark and William with their beer samplers.






Close up!




A little birdy that was letting me give him crumbs. I didnt zoom at all, he was right by my chair!



On the Mertomover going to Bayfront Park and the shopping center called Bayside. The metromover is right by their place and it's free.



A cool tree. They were everywhere in Miami.



Rain in the distance.






Looking down. The tracks are for the metromover. Around the corner to the left is one of the stops, so we just walked to the left, crossed the street and hopped on!


After shopping we went to Havana Harry's to eat dinner. There were huge portions and great food.
Nighttime! The first time we saw the view at night...it's beautiful!










Didn't mean to do this but it turned out like music notes. Awesome huh? Well, I thought so.






The lightning that night. SCARY! But we could hear no thunder.





Tuesday

Tuesday morning Jess worked until about 12:30 so William and I went to the Miami Metrozoo.
On the metrorail to the Zoo. The metrorail is a train that goes around the city. It only costs 2 dollars. It is also has a stop right by their place where the metromover also stops.






LION!!!!! Right beside us...there was a place where you could go in a cave and see the lion right behind glass!




Notice behind us...




A gorilla picking his teeth relaxing in the shade.



Notice the only thing seperating us was a trench thingy. This was all that seperated every animal pretty much, even the lions.

After it poured on us we had to jump on the tram that takes you around the zoo.





3121. A prince album and one of his addresses.
We stopped on the 31st floor to take a pic.



Beautiful sunset.


Mark cooking, William relaxing, Jess smiling.





The stuffed peppers Mark made us. They were awesome!!!






Wednesday

Jessica had the whole day off so we went to South Beach. MIAMI INK!!!!! Sorry mom we couldn't see Ami in there or we would have gotten a pic.


South Beach and Mr. Speedo

He's so proud. So were we. He actually wore it. But South Beach is the perfect place to wear it. Many people had on thongs, speedos, and even no tops at all. It was an experience. So fun!




After the beach we went to a place called Perricone's to meet with Jessica's book club. William and Mark went to a bar Blue Martini before while Jess and I met with her book club. Yes, I went to a book club meeting. Then they met us at Perricone's for dinner after.







After, we came home and went to the hot tub. Then we got kicked out because you can't be in there at night for some odd reason. But we were too hot to stay in there anymore anyway. Beautiful pool and hot tub by the way. BEAUTIFUL! There are palm trees and everything.



Thursday

Thursday Jess had to work so Mark, William, and I went to Key Biscayne to a really cool beach with a lighthouse. Sorry Aunt Becky I forgot my camera, I was very mad I forgot it. The beach was really nice but we had to leave after about an hour because it began to storm.




Watching the storm roll in...



William inside refreshing his body and Mark getting some food.



Balcony




AHH the storm is getting close!






Boys on the balcony.




After the storm we went to Bayside for some shopping. This is the escalator up to the metromover. The metromover is the free transportation that is right by their apartment.





Shopping!



Gazing at the awesome view :)





Dropping William off at the airport :(







Jessica cooking!!







She cooked tomatoes, squash, onions, garlic and mushrooms in a salad dressing and put them over spinach. Very tasty!


Friday

Chelsea and Mark Day :) We went to the pool early and laid (sp?) in the shade. Then, we met Jess at a great Greek restaurant on her lunch break.



Mark pretending to be sweet. JK mark







Jessica's office building




Jess pretending to work. Notice the blank computer :)




Sushi at Matsuri's...the chopstick lesson is on Jessica's blog.



Saturday


Last Full Day!!!!!

After we met Jessica's friend Patti for brunch at Rosa Mexicano and had their awesome guacamole, Jessica and I went to Bayside again to shop. This is one of the inside parts.




Me by the bay where many cruise ships leave. Still in Bayside which is in Bayfront Park.





Sister shopping.






Cuban coffee...very strong but very tasty.




Sunset on the buildings.



Jessica's wonderful cooking. Lentils and rice, squash, onions and tomatoes with curry sauce and some type of Indian bread (forgot the name). I can't believe she eats these things now...and COOKS! Just kidding Jessica, well not really. But she is a wonderful cook.



Eating dinner






Sunset on the last day








Our last night we went to get the best ice cream...gelato (the kind they make in Italy I think) at the same place we met for the book club and ate dinner. It was GREAT. That's Mark's hand.





Airport!!!



William's glasses, thats why they are so big on my face. But I stole them :) or he let me keep them for the trip lol.



Leaving Miami...being dropped off at the airport before my stressful trip home. I had to wait forever in the baggage check line and security line. Then I had five minutes to get to my gate. As I'm running i hear..."Chelsea Bates we need you to gate B1 so our plane to Raleigh, North Carolina can leave on time...CHELSEA BATES...Chelsea Bates come to gate B1". I was flying through the airport (no pun intended). Anyway once I got on the plane I found a seat and prepared for take off. Then a lady two rows up kept puking throughout the flight. Anyway, I made it home safe and sound :)


It was a great trip!!!!!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Chels --- awesome entry! You should start your own blog! I love the pics you put up of us. If I have any other cute ones on my camera I'll send them on to you tonight. I like how you summed up each day! Guess what - it's STILL raining here. Lol. I'm crossing my fingers at my desk for a power-outtage. :) LOVE YOU hermana and miss you. I'm very glad you came to visit me, though. Next time, we'll take planes somewhere and meet for a sister trip...where do you want to go?! NYC?? Maybe for your 21? ;)

Craftysis7 said...

Jessica and Chelsea, I am so proud of you both. Jessica for becoming such an independent home maker, cooking, cleaning, working, entertaining, wow! And Chelsea for doing what all you just did. Do you realize all the steps you took in 1 week, awesome. You go girl!! I am so glad you both had this great week together. Great posting Chelsea. You actually put your whole week in there to share with us. Great pictures!! Especially the ones of William on the beach! Is he gonna wear that in Florida?? Love ya both!! Marty take lessons from Chelsea, she is really a great blogger, hehe!! Love to ya all!!

Becky said...

Chelsea, so glad you upddated your moms blog, keep it going. I would check day after day and nothing. Finally had quit looking until this morning. Looks like you had a great trip to Miami. Your blog was great. Enjoyed the day by day posts. Just change the title of the blog and make it yours.

The Bates Girls! said...

Chels Bizzle I'm really impressed...specially with all the links! I'm turning it over to you!