Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rocky Raccoon!

We had a visit from this little creature last night and after much hissing and growling I finally ran him off the deck with a broom. Tonight when Mag and I got home Angel had him trapped under the grill. After trying to brush him out with the broom again he refused to budge. After a little inventive thinking I put a box behind the grill against the bottom. Maggie cut a top for it and with cheese and the broom handle we finally got him in the box and pushed the trap door between the back of the grill and the box closed. Thankfully I had some good shipping tape and we taped a side at a time until we could flip the box and tape the top. We drove him to the community center and released him so hopefully Angel can eat in peace now and none of the animals have to fight with him! They are cute little creatures but they are really aggressive also!


2 comments:

Jessica said...

If only you had gotten a video! Sorry I missed this raccoon adventure!

LOVE YOU ALL

Kristin said...

WOW! Good thinking Chelsea! I would have loved to have seen this take place! HAHA