Friday, December 19, 2008

Decking the tree November 2008

Decking The Tree November 2008
It has always been a tradition for us to decorate the tree together sometime during or after Thanksgiving. The girls are really good sports about it. (Thanks Dave for carrying the tree in and Sissy for helping move everything!) Maggie usually separates all the ornaments into each persons stack. For years we have all given personalized ornaments. Mom used to do it when she was alive. Sissy is the only one who faithfully gives all the kids ornaments. I buy one for each of mine but I don't do as good a job for all the others as she does. The girls take turns each year putting the angel on the tree and lighting it. This year was Jessica's turn.

Tree Huggers



Angel of the year




Mag & Chelsea trying to find the perfect spot


My Babies


Mag: "That's enough i'm eating a bite before I do anything else"






Mag & Jess get distracted very easily!


Official lighting of the angel

2 comments:

Craftysis7 said...

You are very lucky when it comes to things like that you have girls, boys are so different and would rather be ouside putting lights on the house or in the woods hunting. Great pictures!!

Love ya,

Becky said...

Keep the tradition going. I finally gave up my personalized ornaments after the kids were married. I gave each of them their own ornaments. My tree is now mostly ornaments that I have made or that people have given me. So, hang on to it as long as you can.